New Install - "Run Wizard" Refuses to Connect

Hello! ARA noob here -- I work on another CA product space and am trying to familiarize myself with ARA. I've successfully installed a test server, but ran into something curious. I have to reach the test server via IP address, but I've found that when I login to the web UI via IP address instead of a host name, the "Run Wizard" button that appears on the default dashboard doesn't work. If I click that button in Firefox, it times out after a few minutes with a "[server name] refused to connect" error.

If I instead access the Web UI via the server's local web browser, navigating there via localhost:8080/awi, once I login, everything works. With localhost instead of the IP, "Run Wizard" works normally.

Does that mean I'm out of luck with wanting to navigate the UI via IP address, or is there something else afoot perhaps?

Comments

• Luu LeLuu Le Community Manager Bellevue, WAPosts: 558 admin
    Hi James,

I think there might be some configuration issues.  On my system it is working with the hostname or IP address.

What I tried was on my laptop, I open Firefox and used the IP address to access the ARA (or tried, via the hostname lets just say it https://MYTESTSYSTEM/ARA).

I noticed you mentioned:
    I've found that when I login to the web UI via IP address instead of a host name, the "Run Wizard" button that appears on the default dashboard doesn't work.

and later you mentioned:

If I instead access the Web UI via the server's local web browser, navigating there via localhost:8080/awi, once I login, everything works.
    When you say hostname, you meant 'localhost'?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Out of curiosity, currently let say, on your laptop if you use the hostname (not 'localhost') can you access ARA and does the run wizard work?

Is the ARA, AWI, AE on the same system? 

In your ARA webui folder -->customer.config file...  Where you define the ARA  & ECC/AWI    call back url, are you having it as localhost or defining it with the actual machine hostname/ip?